Job Role Summary
We are looking for a project manager with a background in architecture or technology. e.construct is launching several new divisions, one of which is iCon (described below). This role will consist of handling strategic initiatives within e.construct.
e.construct is an engineering firm that specializes in providing elegant engineering solutions for complex challenges. e.construct is a fast growing firm with offices in Cairo, Sharjah, Dubai, Kuwait, Omaha and Florida. At our core, we question how the very nature of how to evolve the structures that we inhabit to increase their performance and value.
e.construct designs structures such as bridges, high-rise design, precast concrete engineering and post-tensioning design. The firm's core work is structural engineering; however, e.construct is increasingly holistic approach to buildings and has divisions in MEP, Geotechnical and emerging construction technology such as 3D printing of concrete, technology and 3D laser scanning.
About iCon ML
A new division for e.construct called iCon ML that will employ technology to empower and eventually transform engineering. iCon aims to construct human-aided design engineering tools. iCon will work with other e.construct divisions with coding, computational analysis, machine learning.
iCon will consist of a team of talented developers, ML experts, designers that builds tools that engineers can use to design and manufacture the next generation of cities.
What You’ll Do
- Project manage 1-2 strategic initiatives per quarter reporting to the Director
- Work on complex problems and issues of diverse scope where an in-depth understanding and evaluation of factors are required to formulate creative solutions
- Play a key role in defining product ideas and strategy for a new product that iCon ML will be building and helping manage the product roadmap
- Coordinate and assist the Director with coordination and other various elements of the organization including vetting potential recruits.
- Identify, manage and drive process improvements and optimizations across multiple teams and organizations
- Identify organizations and talent in the industry and arrange to work
We are looking for someone who is impeccably self organized, gravitates towards research and a natural problem solver.
What we are looking for?
- Project management - Highly organized and effective at managing parallel work streams, keeping all initiatives on track and ensuring healthy lines of communication
- Conceptual: Ability to understand the intricacies of the business, see around corners, and strategically turn abstract concepts into reality.
- Passion: For innovation with the AEC industry
- Strong Communication skills: Active listener; can prepare and deliver impactful presentations.
- Execute: Drives project requirements and timelines.
- Data for Decisions: Collects and structures data to help the team make informed decisions.
- Critical and Strategic Thinking: Ability to think and analyze objectively in order to analyze a problem
- Initiative: Takes initiative; goes above and beyond. Perhaps one of the most important qualities.
- Experience in Technology, Architecture and civil engineering a strong plus.
- Strong interest in BIM
e.construct is an equal opportunity employer.